Netiquette For Participating in Online Courses
- I respect other’s values, emotions, differences and truths and enter all online interactions with good intentions and without judgement.
- I do not use racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive and derogatory language, swear words or any language that would cause offence or be perceived as threatening.
- I use people’s names and their pronouns.
- I do not share the virtual classroom link or a recording with anyone not registered in the class.
- I do not record or take screenshots of any online class unless asked to do so, or I requested a permission to do so.
PREPARATION AND PARTICIPATION
- I stay up to date with the course by reading all teacher’s instructions and assigned materials.
- Whenever I receive an online class invitation from my teacher, I make certain that I know how to use the online class tool before the start of the class.
- I am on time for all online classes, and I let my teachers know ahead of time if I cannot attend a class for any reason by contacting them.
- If during a class I encounter technological problems, I take necessary measures to communicate with the people involved.
- In online classes, I am an active participant to the best of my ability.
- I turn on my microphone and camera at teacher’s request.
- I wait my turn to speak and raise the virtual hand.
- I complete all self-study tasks on time.
- I manage any disruptive elements that may distract the other classmates, the teacher and me during online classes as much as possible.
- I put all my electronic devices on silent and turn off notifications.
- I let my teacher know when my environment may become a problem.
- I ensure that I am appropriately dressed and presentable for online classes.
FOOD AND BEVARAGES
- I eat during breaks.
- I drink water as needed.
IMPORTANT COLLEGE POLICIES
A s a student participating in an online learning environment, I am aware that I must abide by all rules and regulations including, but not limited to,
- rules in my course outlines,
- the Student Code of Conduct
- the Policy Concerning Psychological Harassment. Abuse of Power and Violence
- the Digital Information Security Policy