STUDENTS HELPING STUDENTS
The Writing Centre provides free, high-quality peer tutoring to all John Abbott students who require assistance with their reading or writing assignments. Coordinated through the English Department, the Writing Tutors program trains over sixty students as peer tutors each term. Ultimately, our tutors aim to equip students with new strategies for each stage of the writing process, making them empowered readers and better writers on their own terms. With its focus on “students helping students” and its friendly and welcoming space in the basement of the library (L-023), The Writing Centre helps develop reading and writing skills in English across the programs and disciplines at John Abbott College.
We are located in the basement of the library, L-023.
Who we support
Students from any program at the College.
- Brainstorming techniques and tools
- Methods to strengthen thesis statements
- Essay global revisions
- Reading comprehension advice
- Proofreading assistance
- MLA and APA format guidance
- Grammar worksheets
- Study skills and outline tips
- Time management strategies
- Specialized posters on idioms, literary terms, and essay forms
Contact the coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Writing Centre L-023 (drop-ins welcome)