Science and Math
- I feel well prepared for the science and Math classes.
- I finished the winter semester in my high school.
Reading and Writing Skills
- I feel well prepared for reading academic sources.
- I feel well prepared for writing academic papers.
English Language Skills
- I feel that I can communicate comfortably in English.
- I feel I can understand the English spoken in the classroom.
French language Skills
- I feel that I can communicate comfortably in French.
- I feel I can understand the French spoken in the classroom.
HELP AT THE COLLEGE
- Academic Success Centre
- Writing Centre
- Math and Science tutoring
- English tutoring
RESOURCES FOR REVIEWING SECONDARY 5 MATH, PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY
Even if you like reading for pleasure, academic reading requires additional skills. Academic reading is intentional and involves activities that you do before and after reading, including note-taking. You may initially expect lower engagement and higher level of difficulty, but different strategies will help you find all the information you need and find enjoyment in learning new things.
Academic writing refers to a style of writing that is used to express ideas in a disciplined way when writing about academic subjects. The language is more formal and requires following the rules of grammar and of the academic format such as literary essay or research paper. It needs to be precise and clear. Writing in academic English requires following evidence-based reasoning.
FRENCH LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Francomane from CCDMD