Established in 1999, the John Abbott College Foundation was created to support the College’s mission to provide an excellent education for its students within a stimulating learning environment that will enhance their development and potential for success in society.
Through its fundraising activities, the Foundation provides opportunities for students through the funding of scholarships, bursaries, and financial assistance.
The Foundation is responsible for all fundraising programs that provide longer-term endowment funds, and supports the construction and renovation of facilities as well as access to technology, with a view to promoting an optimal learning environment.
Board of Directors
The Foundation Board members adhere to the highest standards and are committed to ensuring that the objectives of the Foundation are met.
Officers of the Corporation:
- Guy Lallemand, Chair
- Lorraine Cooper, Treasurer
Financial Officer, John Abbott College
- Debbie Cribb, Secretary of the Corporation
Manager, Communications and Foundation Office, John Abbott College
- Mary Samios
Members of the Board:
- Barbara Baudinet (Alumna), Chartered Real Estate Broker, Sotheby’s Realty
- Lee Bieber
- Laurie Dunbar Dip Ag, BSC, DVM, CCRP
Veterinarian, Director of Surgery and Rehabilitation Services, Pierrefonds Animal Hospital
- John Halpin, Director General, John Abbott College
- Roy Halpin, CEO, Executive Director, Boxing Canada
- Carol Heffernan, Assistant Director General, Lester B. Pearson School Board
- Philip Mariani (Alumnus)
Associate, Private Wealth Management, Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited
- Ken McCarthy (Alumnus), Real Estate Broker, Sutton Group
- Valentina Perez Rojas, Student Representative
- Christian Roy, Consultant, VINCAMAX Inc.
- Gary Sims, Retirees representative
- Sue Smith (Alumna), Journalist
- Dennis Waide (Alumnus), Director of Student Services, John Abbott College
Protection of Personal Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the person responsible for the protection of personal information :
Manager, Communications and Foundation Office
Contact the John Abbott College Foundation:
Address: 21275 Lakeshore Road, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC H9X 3L9
Telephone: 514-457-6610 ext. 5284
Contact John Abbott College Alumni Services:
Charity registration number: 89102 4523 RR0001