The Academic Advising Department of John Abbott College is located in the Herzberg Building on the main floor in Student Services H-148.
Because the CEGEP system places the responsibility for meeting diploma requirements on students, all students are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor every semester in their stay at the College.
- Provide students with accurate information about the College’s policies, procedures, resources and programs.
- Assist students in developing educational plans that are consistent with their own individual career and life goals, and in developing life goals by relating the students’ interests, skills, abilities and values to careers, higher education, and the world of work.
- Advise students individually, on an appointment basis. Confidentiality and friendly, personalized attention are assured.
- Work closely with and refer students to other institutional resources such as Faculty, Financial Aid, Counselling, University and Career Information Center, and the College Student Success Coordinator.
- Maintain a valuable link between students and the College by providing information about students’ needs, preferences and performance to program committees, program chairs, and academic management.
- Hold information sessions for students in group settings as the need arises.
Feel free to join our Academic Advising portal community.
For more information, please contact the Chair of Advising:
(514) 457 6610 Ext 5290
email@example.com ,also reachable via MIO