|Course Title||PHP and MySQL – Advanced
|Emploi-Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
|Schedule||Tuesday & Thursday
6 p .m. to 9:30 p.m.
|Prerequisites||It is highly recommend for participants to have completed the PHP – Intermediate course. Good understanding of the web: HTML, CSS and PHP programming. Database concepts knowledge is an asset, but not required.|
|Target Audience||Web programmers and developers|
|Location||Brittain Hall – lab to be determined|
NB: This is a non-credit course. Certificate provided for all participants who have completed 80% of course hours.
In this course, participants will learn about databases using MySQL and advanced features of the PHP language. Learning by example hand on approach will be employed. Every theoretical topic will be reinforced with direct application, promoting learning. Participants completing this course will have the ability to build a modern and secure e-commerce PHP web application using MySQL.
It is assumed that participants have a good understanding of HTML and PHP. It does not assume that participants have any prior knowledge of database concepts. Webmasters, graphic designers and programmers are welcome to this course.
Topics Covered in this Course:
- Learn PHP in-depth, along with the basics of object-oriented programming
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- PHP’s improved MySQL interface: using the mysqli versus the PDO extension
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions, and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser/server communication
- Implement all the new HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas