Space is limited. Register early to avoid disappointment.
|Emploi-Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lunch 30 minutes
Last class 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|Prerequisites||Basic understanding of programming, including: for loops, variable declaration and arrays. Furthermore, the student must be able to write a simple html web pages with text, buttons and images.|
|Target Audience||I.T. professionals|
|Instructor||Jacques Le Normand|
|Location||Brittain Hall – lab to be determined|
NB: This is a non-credit course. Certificate provided for all participants who have completed 80% of course hours.
No textbook is required for this course.
Topics Covered in this Course:
Building simple webpages
- History of web development and current trends
- Choosing a text editor
- Building a simple webpage with text, buttons and images
- Introduction to the software development cycle
- Increasing the aesthetic of a webpage using Materialize css
- Introduction to making a webpage dynamic by using JQuery
- Introduction to the browser console
- Multiple file projects
- Basic syntax
- String manipulation
- Control structures
- Anonymous functions
Deeper into dynamic webpages
- Common JQuery functions and idioms
- Hovering, clicking
- Global state
- Multiple views on a single page
- Choosing an editor or IDE
- Creating a basic server using Express
- Having multiple pages on the same website
- Introduction to templating with EJS
- Using global state
- Introduction to JSON
- Introduction to socket.io
- Creating a dynamic chat room
- Creating a tic tac toe game