|Emploi-Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lunch 30 minutes
|Dates||March 25, April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29|
Basic HTML and CSS knowledge including:
|Instructor||Jacques Le Normand|
|Location||Brittain Hall – lab to be determined|
NB: This is a non-credit course. Certificate provided for all participants who have completed 80% of course hours.
No textbook is required for this course.
The purpose of this class is to teach the student to quickly build webpages using jQuery and Ajax. Learning Ajax will give the student a fundamental understanding of how the web works.
Relevance to industry:
Most large webpages rely on external services to run. For example, many webpages have a “sign up with facebook” option. This course aims to help students build such services.
- Project based learning
- Programming concepts and tools taught through guided exercises
- Individualized help during the exercises and projects
Topics Covered in this Course:
- Getting familiar with the text editor
- Selecting DOM elements
- Adding/Removing DOM elements
- Modifying DOM elements
- Creating new DOM elements through jQuery
- Events and callbacks
- Multiple views on a single page
- Basic Ajax request
- Inspecting requests and responses
- Limitations of Ajax
- Creating a simple server with Express
- Creating an Ajax API with NodeJS
- Using external APIs in your webpage