Next program: will begin January 2018
Information session: June 7th OR August 31, 2017 – 18h30-20h30 AME-606 (please click on Info session to register)
For further program information, please call:
514 457-6610 x5013 or by email: email@example.com
CLICK HERE for information regarding the Application & Testing process
This program is designed to allow Internationally-educated nurses who wish to become licensed in Québec to complete the Consolidation of Nursing Skills or Professional Integration stage required by the “Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec” (OIIQ). This program also prepares the students for the Professional Licensing Examination set by the OIIQ that will allow them to practice nursing in Quebec in the capacity of Registered Nurses (RN). In addition, the program offers an introduction to Quebec’s culture, nursing and health care practices in a context that can be significantly different from their country of origin.
- This is a FULL-TIME TUITION-FREE program funded by the “Ministère de l’enseignement supérieur, de la recherche, de la science et de la technologie” providing you have established your Canadian & Quebec residency status.
- Additional information regarding the program can be found here – click here to access the Information Sheet
The health care sector is actively searching for qualified candidates; job prospects are excellent. Graduates of the Nursing program work in many health care settings, such as acute or chronic care hospitals, rehabilitation centres, clinics and more…
Graduates of the program are expected to have the knowledge and abilities to practice nursing in a rapidly changing health care system, in a manner which is professional, caring, clinically competent and ethically and legally grounded. They will function as collaborative members of the health care team, in accordance with the Québec Nurses’ Act. All graduates must pass the Order of Nurses of Québec (OIIQ) licensing exam and meet the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) requirements to practice in Québec.
This is a full-time program. This program is a minimum of 6 months, 615 hours, “Attestation d’Études Collégiales” (AEC) program and consists of 4 credit courses. Classes and clinical assignments take place Monday through Friday mostly during the daytime. Clinical assignments may take place in the evening for part of the semester. The program could be held over 2 semesters.
- Transition to Nursing in Quebec
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Health & Illness I
- Health & Illness I
Students will participate in stages in clinical settings throughout the Montréal region (days and/or evenings).
Additional courses available (as required by O.I.I.Q. – formation complémentaire)
Note: these courses are only available once you have completed the Integration to Nursing in Quebec program.
- Gerontology – to intervene with adults and elderly clients experiencing loss of autonomy
- Psychiatry – to intervene with clients requiring mental health nursing care
- Obstetrics – to intervene with clients requiring nursing care in a perinatal setting
- Pediatrics – to intervene with children and adolescents requiring nursing care
- hold a nursing diploma from your native country
- hold the decision rendered by the “Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec” (OIIQ) Equilavence Committee
- have a Canadian or Permanent Resident status
- Mandatory attendance at an information session (NEW)
- English language aptitude testing I-CELBAN (mandatory – no other results (IELTS or other) of tests will be accepted) see below for more information
- a good knowledge of the English language is required: reading, writing, effective communication skills-understanding, speaking, etc.
- Mathematics assessment (dosage calculation – calculators are NOT permitted)
- Test results will be valid for a 8 month period – no re-testing within this time frame will be permitted in order for the applicant to improve skills (NEW)
- Interview (for students with the highest scores in the language & math tests)
- Recommended: good working knowledge of computer use, Word, PowerPoint, web search, email, etc…
- Once the Admissions department has confirmed that your file is complete, you will be invited by email to register for the mandatory language & math testing – fee: $45.00 (non-refundable) payable by Visa or Mastercard – you will be able to choose the date on which you would like to write your test.
- you will receive a confirmation email with the time & place of the exam once you have registered.
I-CELBAN is an assessment tool designed to assess the English language proficiency of Internationally-educated nurses who wish to follow the Integration Program. We use it to ensure that applicants can communicate effectively & safely in the clinical setting as soon as you enter the program. This is a Hospital language requirement. For more information on the I-CELBAN and for sample questions follow the links below:
CELBAN tip sheets: http://celbancentre.ca/test-preparation/celban-tip-sheets.aspx
CELBAN Sample Questions : http://celbancentre.ca/test-preparation/self-assessment.aspx
You must Take the Readiness Self-Assessment Please not that you have to sign up for the
Readiness Self-Assessment to have access to practice questions.
(It is free, you just need to register)
$ 30.00 Application fee (non-refundable)
$ 75.00 Aptitude testing fee (non-refundable)
$ 117.00 Registration fees (per semester – based on full-time/QC residency status)
For further program information, please call:
514 457-6610 X-5013 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAM:
(these documents are NOT required for the application package – they will only be needed if you are accepted to the program)
- Up-to-date Immunization List according to Québec protocols for Health Care workers
- Immunization Attestation Form (start as soon as possible as the process takes few months)
- Certificate of Medical Health
The Québec Ministry of Social Affairs has stated that all students within career Programs requiring field work in hospitals must be properly immunized for certain communicable diseases. Student must show proof of proper immunization.
- Contact your physician and your CLSC immediately to make an appointment; the above documents are both mandatory for the clinical part of the program and the process will take more than one visit before being completed.
- NO wait list available when a program is full.
Note: please only register for one session. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the location 2 days prior to the session.
Please complete the following information form if you wish to be contacted when an Information session is announced.