March 13, 2017 (Emploi-Quebec funded)
March 27, 2017 (MERS funded)
This is a full-time program that runs for a period of 13 months.
Once you have completed the program, you will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Describe and analyze the internal architecture of a computer;
- Apply basic object-oriented software design development approach;
- Identify and use fundamental web design concepts and terminology;
- Apply cascading style sheet standards for managing the design and formatting of web pages in a web browser;
- Apply client-side scripting in a web browser;
- Create and manage a website for desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphones;
- Effectively use SQL in a variety of database products to query the contents of a relational database;
- Create .NET technology applications;
- Use the appropriate tools to create Visual Basic .NET and C# .NET applications;
- Create an ASP .NET web application that delivers dynamic content to a website;
- Create platform-independent web services;
- Understand and implement basic algorithms using procedural programming;
- Use PHP language to create dynamic web pages with an SQL database backend;
- Implement a native mobile application.
According to Emploi-Québec, the job prospects in Quebec are good for the 2013-2017 period.
For more information, please click here.
Group starting March 13, 2017: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (including 1-hour lunch break)
Group starting March 27, 2017: Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (including 1-hour dinner break)
The schedule is subject to change without notice
|Introduction to Computers, the Internet, and the Web||45 hrs|
|HTML & XML||60 hrs|
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||45 hrs|
|Website Design||45 hrs|
|Programming I – Introduction to Programming||45 hrs|
|Programming II – Object-Oriented Programming||60 hrs|
|Programming III – Advanced Java Programming||60 hrs|
|Database I||60 hrs|
|Database II||60 hrs|
|PHP Programming||75 hrs|
|Mobile Applications||60 hrs|
|.NET Programming Fundamentals||45 hrs|
|Visual Basic .NET and C# .NET Windows Development||75 hrs|
|Enterprise Java Beans||45 hrs|
|Developing ASP .NET Web Applications with ADO .NET||75 hrs|
|Developing Web Services||45 hrs|
|Work Term||270 hrs|
|Total number of hours||1,230 hrs|
FUNDING for Group starting March 13, 2017 (This section is entirely reserved for clients funded by Emploi-Québec):
This program is funded by Emploi-Québec. Please visit your local “Centre Local d’Emploi”, and provide contract no. 498427-0 to your agent. A referral from Emploi-Québec is required to be considered for this program.
FUNDING for group starting March 27, 2017 (MERS funded):
THIS IS A TUITION FEE FREE PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE “Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie”
- Testing fee: $75
- Application fee: $30
- Registration fee: $117 per semester (4 semesters)
- Books: $800 – $1000Admission Requirements for both groups:
- Fulfill AEC Admission Requirements
- Written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French an asset
- Testing required:
- Knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Interview by the admissions committee
|Next Program:|| March 13, 2017 (funded by Emploi-Quebec)
March 27, 2017 (MERS funded)
|Information Sessions||February 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
February 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
|Location:||Brittain Hall building/John Abbott College
Room: to be posted
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING THE INFORMATION SESSION.