Please see below for a summary of parking information. Students and staff may refer to the Administrative Policy on Parking available on Omnivox for more details.
For more information about parking on the JAC/Mac Campus, please call 514-398-7770
- Student Parking Information
- Visitor Parking Information
- Carpooling Information
- Map of John Abbott Parking Areas
- You can only purchase your Winter 2017 decal ONLINE using a credit card via the Parking Decal module on My JAC Portal.
- Decals reserved online can be picked up starting January 09, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Decals reserved online must be picked up prior to 3:45 p.m., January 20, 2017 or you will lose your reservation.
- Decals can be picked up at Laird Hall Security Office room 101 (open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.). You must bring a valid John Abbott College ID card (or proof of registration) and valid driver’s licence.
Student Parking Information:
Day Division Students
• The cost of a STUDENT decal is $200/year or $120/semester.
• This decal gives you access to the Brittain Hall parking lot (after 10:00 a.m.) and to any other student lots.
• Decals are assigned on a first-click-first-served basis based on the following schedule:
January 09, 2017 @ 9 a.m., students living in outlying areas (i.e. those whose postal codes do not start with H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, H8, H9) get a 3-day period of exclusivity.
January 12, 2017 @ 9 a.m., the College will offer the remaining decals to all day students.
Students Living in Residence
• The cost of this decal is $200/year or $120/semester.
• As of July 4, 2016 @ 9 a.m., you will be able to access the Decal module and purchase a RESIDENCE decal.
• If you are a resident and cannot access a RESIDENCE decal, please contact the residence office.
• This decal gives you access to the 45+ resident spaces in the vicinity of the Stewart Residence.
Continuing Education Students
Please be aware that parking on the upper student lots near highway 20 is free from May 23 to August 19, 2016. To park in any area other than the upper student lots during this period, you will need to purchase a valid parking permit for the day or the month as needed.
Monthly permits for Continuing Education students are $24 per month.
• The cost of a decal is $24/month
• As of July 4, 2016 @ 9 a.m., you will be able to access the Decal module and purchase a PAY/MONTH decal.
• You can only purchase one decal per year.
• Choose your Decal carefully by identifying the last month needed to park on campus. For example, if your course finishes in March 2017, select the MARCH 2017 decal in the Omnivox module.
• This decal gives you access to the Brittain Hall parking lot and to any other student lots.
• The cost of a Pay and Display ticket is $4 for a half-day (4 hours) or $6 for the entire day.
• Two dedicated parking areas are available with very limited spaces.
Upper East lot near Hwy 20 has 100+ spaces (7 a.m. to 1 a.m.)
Brittain Hall rear parking lot (10:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
After noon, you may park in the student parking lots
Visitor Parking Information:
Visitors and temporary employees must pay when parking on campus from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
All visitors must display a valid one-day parking pass in their vehicle to avoid receiving a parking ticket. A visitor parking pass can be obtained in one of the following three ways:
- Purchase a “Pay and Display” permit from one of our automated machines and park in one of the two designated Pay and Display lots. The cost to park in the Pay and Display areas is $4.00 for the first four hours and $6.00 for a full day. For a detailed map of the John Abbott College Campus parking areas, click here.
- Purchase a visitors parking pass at the Laird Hall or Casgrain Security offices at a cost of $6.00 for the full day and display this pass on the dash board of your vehicle. This pass will permit you to park in both staff and student parking areas. This option is not available for students.
- The department or service you are visiting may provide you with a pre-paid parking pass.
To be valid, visitors parking passes must be displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle.
Parking space on our campus is very limited and so we encourage both students and staff to consider participating in one of the two following carpooling options:
- Allows for a driver and one or more passengers to register via Omnivox so that students and staff with suitable schedules can travel together in the same vehicle to and from the College.
- Offering a ride not only can reduce your costs but it will help diminish your carbon footprint.
- There are a limited number of carpool tags available for purchase at a cost of $200 per year.
- Carpool tags will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Carpool tags allow the carpool group to park in one of the 11 designated carpool parking spots on campus.
- If you are interested in applying for one of the formal Carpool hang tag passes, please register your carpooling group by filling out a carpooling application form on My JAC Portal (FMS community) and submitting it as per the instructions in the Administrative Policy on Parking available on Omnivox.
- For all details, please consult the carpooling section the Administrative Policy on Parking available on Omnivox.
Rules & Regulations
• Valid if displayed
a. Decals become valid immediately upon display, but only if fixed inside the lower side of the windshield on the passenger side of the car registered in the Decal module.
b. They stay valid up to:
i. Jan 13, 2017 for a Fall 2016 semester STUDENT or RESIDENT decal
ii. Aug 19, 2017 for a Winter 2017 semester STUDENT or RESIDENT decal
iii. Aug 19, 2017 for an annual STUDENT or RESIDENT decal
iv. Last day of the month punched out on the PAY/MONTH decal.
a. Decals are refundable; but are not transferable:
i. Bring your decal, registration, and identification to Facilities Management Services at the reception desk on the 2nd floor of the Stewart building.
ii. The refund will be the difference between the amount paid and a $24 per month user fee plus a $15 administration fee.
iii. The College will charge an amount of $20 for decals reserved, but never picked up.
• Parking restrictions
a. To park on campus, you need a valid decal year-round, Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
b. Except for residents parked in their reserved areas, anyone who intends to leave their car on campus overnight MUST advise Security (Laird Hall room 101) or risk receiving a city parking violation.
• All decal holders must understand that:
a. Purchasing a decal does not guarantee a parking space at all times.
b. Campus security officers will issue parking violations to anyone not clearly displaying a valid decal, parked illegally or in an unauthorized area starting on the first day of class August 22, 2016.
c. McGill and John Abbott College are not responsible for theft or damage to cars parked on campus.
d. Any abuse, any type of falsification or improper use of a College parking permit or persistent violations are grounds for citations, and/or revocation of parking privileges without refund.
e. Purchasing a decal implies that you agree to abide by the rules and restrictions as stated above.
The complete Administrative Policy on Parking is available on Omnivox.