The Hats Off to You! Contest showcases the determination and work of young women enrolled in a vocational or technical training program leading to work in a traditionally male-dominated occupation. This year, the Fédération des cégeps presented a $ 2,000 scholarship to Christine Thibault from JAC’s Police Tech program during a special ceremony held on June 12 at the National Assembly.
The Fédération awards this prize annually to a student from a career program that distinguishes itself by its committed and passionate approach and its reflection on issues related to its field of study. Christine caught the jury’s attention for these reasons, and the fact that she proposes concrete ways to support and integrate women into traditionally male-dominated occupation.
- Nunavik Sivunitsavut Program Launch September 21, 2017
- JOHN ABBOTT COLLEGE SPORTS FIELD MAINTAINS ITS FIFA QUALITY CERTIFICATION AFTER 5 YEARS OF HEAVY USAGE September 13, 2017
- HEMA-QUÉBEC at JOHN ABBOTT COLLEGE September 1, 2017
- JAC to Hold Terry Fox Run August 28, 2017
- Repairs on Highway 20 Overpass August 28, 2017